Now, that Christmas and New Years is over, I have run out of excuses for not creating new posts on this blog. How can I best juggle blogging, researching relatives and organizing my findings, photos and records? I keep thinking if I can come up with a list of topics for my blog posts that will solve my blogging problems but then again is that too staged and stifling to my creativity as well as any discoveries I may find along the way? I need to be doing my research because how else can I find more information on my ancestors and all their descendants? Do I even dare ask the question of when is the proper time to find to file my records, should I go to all electronic data keeping and will my office area ever really be as organized as I dream about?
So, after much thought and some analysis, here are my goals for at least the first few months of 2014
1. Research on a regular basis -- I believe that through research will I not only find answers about my ancestors but will also discover topics to write about on my blogs.
2. Enroll and complete some genealogy classes -- my local school district is offering some classes on Family History Research as is OASIS (classes for the over 50 crowd). Even if I know a lot of the material that they are discussing I love interacting with others who are just as enthralled with genealogy as I am. Yes, those people get me!
3. Organize my drawers of genealogy documents and information so that I don't spend needless time looking for a specific item.
4. Keep updating my Family History Research Journal which will help when I start writing my Family History Stories.
5. Evaluate my progress at the end of March to see how much I have accomplished and whether or not it is working! Do I need to narrow my focus or spend time doing a variety of things?
Now that I have publicly stated my goals, maybe this will make me more accountable. Time will tell!