Sunday, June 8, 2014

MY EXPERIENCES AT THE JAMBOREE

I was excited to attend my 1st Southern California Genealogy Jamboree on Friday but also had some concerns? Would I be able to attend my first choice sessions or would they be too crowded? Would I learn a lot from the speakers?  How would I fare as a volunteer room monitor?

I am very happy to report that the speakers were very informative.  I attended 2 sessions on Legacy Family Tree presented by Geoff Rasmussen. Not only did I learn a lot of "tricks" about Legacy but Geoff was very entertaining too!

I attended sessions on both Eastern Europe research and Irish research. I learned some specific tips and lots of websites to visit for help with my research.  I can't believe how much information was presented in the Irish research session.  I think I have enough tips to keep me busy for at least a few months!

I was very happy to see that while the Jamboree was well attended, it wasn't too crowded. I got into all my 1st choice sessions.  It was very easy volunteering as a room monitor.  I would definitely do it again.

I would definitely recommend to those who are passionate about genealogy and have never attended the Jamboree to take the plunge next year.  You will be happy you did!

Oops! I need to give credit to the speakers of two of the sessions I talked about in this post.  Lisa Alzo taught the very informative "10 Ways to Jump Start Your Eastern European Research".  Dr. Maurice Gleeson presented the information-packed "Researching Your Irish Ancestry Online and at Minimal Cost".  I will be very busy following all of their tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment