Friday, March 11, 2016

INTRODUCING MY CHILDREN TO IRELAND


In August of 2012, my husband and I visited Ireland for the first time.  We visited the Heritage Center in Cobh, the Cliffs of Moher, the cities of Dublin, Galway and Westport and my ancestral town of Islandeady in County Mayo.  Ever since that trip, I have had a yearning to introduce Ireland with its natural beauty and warm welcoming people to my children.  What better time to do that than following my Rhine River cruise?

While this trip to Ireland would include visiting some notable tourist sites such as the Ring of Kerry, Killarney National Park and Dublin, it was also important to me that we would visit my ancestral villages of Islandeady in County Mayo and Demailestown and Lady Rath in County Meath.


During the planning stages, it also became apparent to me that staying in vacation home rentals would not only provide us with more room and flexibility than hotel rooms but also would give us a different perspective.  We could add to that experience by staying in homes in different locales -- one a few blocks from the town of Killarney while the one in Mayo would be in a more country or rural setting.

So the airline and lodging reservations were made, itineraries for travel were created and we were ready to go.  Here's to hoping for a most memorable trip for all four of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment