Monday, March 7, 2016

MOVIE MONDAY


Last week, I watched two more of my Grandpa Charlie's movies. The first one was the 1935 "The Woman in Red", starring Barbara Stanwyck, in which she plays Shelby, an equestrienne.  Grandpa Charlie (2nd from the left in the above photo) played the role of "Mike", the 2nd photographer.  Charlie really gets into this role taking photos from all angles and even getting hit by some old man.

The second movie I watched was the 1935 "Devil Dogs of the Air"starring James Cagney and Pat O'Brien.  The movie takes place in San Diego at North Island.  Cagney plays a rogue rebel pilot who is joining the marines as a pilot.  Grandpa Charlie plays a student trainee with the marines. At the end of the movie, there is a mock invasion training session where they invade by land, air and sea.  Where did they invade?  La Jolla!  I guess that was much more likely in 1935.  I can't imagine that happening today!

No comments:

Post a Comment