Friday, March 15, 2013

FUNERAL CARD FRIDAY


             This is the funeral card for my Grandpa Charlie (Sherlock). I decided today to honor both of my Grandpas by posting their funeral cards on my blog.  Grandpa Leonard is on MyPolishRoots blog.

          Grandpa Charlie died the same year I got married.  At his funeral was the first time that my fiance met my extended family (aunts, uncles and cousins) and yes, we still did get married!  In fact, we married on my Grandpa Charlie's birthday -- July 9th -- and even though he was no longer with us, we still thought about him on that special day.  I am sure that it was tough on my Grandma Theresa on my wedding day since that was his first birthday after he died and only 2 months after his death.  My Grandma was a real trooper (and although she was very sad about Grandpa) she celebrated the joy of my wedding and being together with all the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment