Sunday, March 17, 2013

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!






     This Saint Patrick's Day is a little more special than most.  I think it is because of our trip to Ireland this past fall.  Seeing Crough Patrick (where supposedly Saint Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland) and realizing that it was almost in my great grandmother Bridget's backyard makes this holiday more special, almost like celebrating a family member's birthday. 

     Traditionally we have eaten corned beef and cabbage on this holiday in the past.  However, the problem is I am not much of a corned beef and cabbage fan.  So, today we decided to change it up a bit.  Instead I am making Guinness stew.  My husband has already made an Irish soda bread and will soon be making a Guinness molasses bread.  The crust for the banoffee pie is already done.  Okay, let's be honest, I think that is what I am most looking forward to eating tonight! 

      I did start the day with some tea from Connemara and may be ending the day with some Irish coffee.  I am wearing my green, so let the celebrating begin ... 

Wishing you all --  
Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh!  (Happy St. Paddy's Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment