Tuesday, February 26, 2013

TRAVEL TUESDAY - Trevi Fountain



             I just ran across this photo recently of Grandma Theresa Nebgen Sherlock visiting the Trevi Fountain in Rome. I visited Rome and this famous fountain in the summer of 2011.  It was a bit more crowded during my visit than during Grandma's -- at least from what I can see in the photo. I think this photo is from the late 1960's.  I seem to remember my grandparents travelling a lot during that time.  I have photos of them in Mexico and Hawaii, too.
          It is fun finding photos of your ancestors in places that you love to visit too!  Maybe I could make a scrapbook of their travel photos!

7 comments:

  1. I think it's interesting how places like this continue to be popular year after year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to travel to the same places your ancestors travelled. It's fun as well to go to the places they lived. Last Summer I found a house that was next door (or near there), if you follow the census taker, to where my ancestors lived in 1790. Their children probably played with the children next door in that very house. Fun to imagine.

    Regards, Grant

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To a great mind nothing is little." Sherlock Holmes

    Just thought I would send that since your blog is the "Home of Sherlock."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grant, I like that quote. I will have to remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have photos of relatives there, about that same time.

    Your Grandma looks a bit tired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, she is either tired or fed up with my grandpa taking photos! On our last trip (10 days to Ireland) my husband took 1500 photos so I have some sympathy for my grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty helpful post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I even have quite enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any manner I’ll be subscribing for ones feed and i hope you article again before long India Holidays

    ReplyDelete