Monday, May 13, 2013

AMANUENSIS MONDAY


Over the weekend, I was researching on Findmypast.ie, trying to get more information on my Sherlock line.  After looking at the historical records, I decided to try the "newspapers" section.  I definitely found some treasures there!  Grandpa Charlie (Sherlock) was in the movies from the 1930's to the early 1960's and who knew they were talking about him all over the country!

In the February 26, 1938 edition of the Cochocton Tribune (Ohio), I found the above article. I am guessing that someone didn't like the fact that Grandpa Charlie was the only native (US) born member of the cast of "Confessions of a Nazi Spy".  Below is a photo from that movie. That is Grandpa Charlie on the far left.


Hey, pass the popcorn!  I think it is time to watch a movie ...

No comments:

Post a Comment