Wednesday, May 29, 2013

SOLVING THE "ESTHER" MYSTERY



Esther McCann Reuther was my Grandma Theresa Nebgen Sherlock's cousin but exactly how were they related?  I discussed the first part of my research on Esther in a previous post but hadn't found the connection.  I did find Esther in the Minnesota Birth Index.  She was born on October 30, 1898.  Her father's name was William Frances McCann and her mother was Annie Simon.  Grandma Theresa's maternal grandmother was Anna Maria Simon so "Simon" must be the connection but where in the Simon tree is the connection?

After months of searching, I did find out that Grandma Theresa's grandmother Anna Simon had an older brother Phillip Simon who was just a year older) who was born in Germany in 1845 but died in Ramsey, Minnesota on 31 Jan. 1910.  Phillip had a daughter named Annie.  I have yet to find out the name of Phillip's spouse and Annie's mother.  I will just put it on my "to do" list.  The good news is, however, that I now know that Esther is my 2nd cousin twice removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment